The Parish of Christ Church Brockham takes the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults very seriously. In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, our church is committed to:
• promoting a safer environment and culture
• safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
• responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
responding to those who may pose a present risk to others
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer:
Mrs. Sarah Penn - Tel: 07800505120
Mr. Maurice Dailey – Tel: 843058
Mr. Richard Salmon – Tel: 845106
If you are concerned about the safety of a young person or vulnerable
adult you can contact the Surrey Multi-Agency
Safeguarding Hub on: 0300 470
9100. (Out of
hours phone: 01483 517898 to speak to the
In an emergency please dial 999 for the police.
For more information please click here:
Other key helpline information:
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
of Southwark Safeguarding Team contact information:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon Marie Daly
Marie.email@example.com 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
Louise Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
The current edition of A Safe Church can be accessed here: https://southwark.anglican.org/safeguarding/diocesan-policies-and-procedures